Where can I find your latest retail prices?


You can find our latest retail price list by clicking here.

Do I need planning permission?
  • No outbuilding on land forward of a wall forming the principal elevation.
  • Outbuildings and garages to be single storey with maximum eaves height of 2.5 metres and maximum overall height of four metres with a dual pitched roof or three metres for any other roof.
  • Maximum height of 2.5 metres in the case of a building, enclosure or container within two metres of a boundary of the curtilage of the dwellinghouse.

We would always recommend that you consult the UK Government Planning Portal website, please click here to access the relevant pages.

Do I also need building regulations approval?
  • You should not need building regulations approval, for an outbuilding that is less than 15 square metres and contains NO sleeping accommodation. If the floor area of the building is between 15 square metres and 30 square metres, you will not normally be required to apply for building regulations approval providing that the building contains NO sleeping accommodation and is either at least one metre from any boundary or it is constructed substantially of non-combustible materials.

We would always recommend that you consult the UK Government Planning Portal website, please click here to access the relevant pages.

Does the building come pre-assembled?

No, the building comes in parts, in a stout wooden crate (examples shown above) for self-assembly.

Is delivery included in the price?

Yes, delivery is included in the price, as these buildings require a specialist delivery company to transport them and offload them at your premises.

Please look at our delivery procedure.

How are the buildings delivered?

The building comes in parts for self assembly in a stout wooden box.


It is delivered on a crane offload Hiab vehicle and if the garden is accessible from the road and the crane can reach it, then the driver would attempt to place it there for you.


The specialist delivery company has a couple of YouTube videos that may help you to have an idea of how the buildings are delivered. Please note that the buildings in the videos are in much larger crates:


A brief overview of our process plus standard delivery


When the going gets tough…….

What type and size of base should I have?

It is very important to build a solid and stable foundation before installing the building. You can choose whatever foundation type you prefer. The recommended foundation types are:

Concrete, slabs or stone, a timber framework or one on the new plastic honeycomb mesh bases filled with loose stone.

Remember that a stable foundation ensures stability for the building.

Minimum size of the base is the floor plan dimensions.

What type of wood is used?

The wall boards are constructed of pine; the floor boards, glued laminated arches, floor beams (green pressure treated for longevity) etc are constructed of fir.

Do I need to paint my building?

Please note that wood is a living material that, regardless of the treatment, may expand, shrink, or at times, distort. After receiving the house, install the building in two weeks. If you leave it in the package for a longer period of time, the untreated wood can become blueish due to mold.

To protect the wooden details, they should be processed with wood preservatives as soon as possible. It is recommended to cover wall and roof boards with primer colour first, and secondly with full cover colour, twice.

Also the wall and roof beams must be covered with a special wood impregnation fluid before installation to prevent the moisture coming from the ground from affecting the details. To prevent moisture from penetrating the wood, carefully immerse the ends of the parts as well.

It is also recommended to cover the rest of the wooden details of the building with wood impregnation before assembling. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions and consult with a specialist.

Do not paint the building in rainy weather. Properly treated and painted houses have a significantly longer life span. It is advisable to check the details of the building every six months to ensure the long-term stability of the wood components.

What can I use to paint my building?

The manufacturer recommends the Teknos brand, such as their product Woodex Aqua Solid, please see their website here for details. Please do not paint the building in rainy weather and less than five degrees.

Do you offer any other sizes of these buildings?

These are the only sizes available. We do not offer a bespoke service.

What if I want to return my building?

We accept returns within 14 days from you receiving the goods, if the returned product is unused, in its original unopened packaging and otherwise in a good condition enabling us to sell the product as new.

Please look at our return and exchange policy.

What is the warranty of the products?

HUUDEN provides a 7 year warranty for the laminated timber frame and a 2 year warranty for other wood elements.

The garden houses have been thoroughly inspected before packing and it is packaged in its original state (unpainted). In order to avoid any problems with the assembly, make sure that the list of packaged items matches the compilation list. This check must be carried out within 15 days, immediately after the delivery and receipt of the pavilion.

The warranty does not cover:

• Subsidence caused by an uneven foundation and its consequences on the construction.
• Changes in the details due to the characteristics of the wood (expanding, shrinkage, bending).
• Cracks due to the drying of wood.
• Changes in the colour of the details that do not affect the lifespan of the wood (mold, blueish colour).
• Self-made changes to details: perforated details, inaccurate installation, etc.
• Slightly bent wood pieces, if they can still be installed.
• Details that have already been painted and processed.

The warranty only covers the replacement of defective parts.

Where can I find a copy of your brochure?

Our brochure is available to view, by clicking here (opens in a new window as a pdf document).

What type of door locks are supplied?

Lock Casing used on HUUDEN Crown range of buildings:

Lock housing ASSA 565

Coating: chrome

Scandinavian (SC) fastened links, Assa lock cores and core covers are suitable for the lock body.

The lock body is suitable for interior and exterior doors.

Locking with key or knob.

Suitable for use on right-handed doors.

When unlocking, both the lock and the link tongue engage by turning the key or rotary knob 90 °.

Cylinder lock supplied with the HUUDEN Crown range of buildings:

Scandinavian core 701 CR + 5 keys

Coating: chrome

Raw material: brass

The lock core is suitable for use with 565 type lock cases

7-core core mechanism

Set of 5 keys

Suitable for both interior and exterior doors

Do I need to insulate the buildings?

These are well constructed timber buildings, with a good quality door which will mean they are draft proof. If you wished to have the floor insulated, you can do this yourself at the time of construction. It is not possible to insulate the walls or have double glazed glass, due to the unique design. However, as these are made from good quality timber, which has natural thermal properties, simply installing a small heater, the building will warm up quickly and retain heat well.

Get in Touch

Can’t find the answer your looking for, feel free to ask a question.

© HUUDEN 2022. All Rights Reserved.

Marketing by Unity Online